Leadership development to create a strategic, cohesive and high performing leadership team and leadership culture.
In these unprecedented times of high-risk, high stakes challenges and complexity, strong and consistent leadership has never been so important. Not only do leaders need to equip their people and organisations to adapt and respond to the changing climate and context, reinventing your business may also require you to reinvent your leadership.
At those critical moments in your leadership that truly matter, enhancing leadership performance, behaviours and processes will create the right climate where leaders and their teams are able to adapt and respond to increasing challenges and complexity.
Investing in leadership development
Sara and her hand-picked team of associates design and deliver experiential leadership development programmes for boards, senior leaders and operational teams to create powerful, high performing teams with a shared sense of purpose and direction.
Investment in leadership development strengthens connection, collaboration and engagement, creates the chemistry for change and builds leadership bench strength. The result is a cohesive, diverse and inclusive leadership team.
Leadership teams require diversity; diversity of thought, diversity of experience and expertise and different perspectives. Playing to individual strengths and celebrating diversity creates balance, deeper connections and richer collaboration within a leadership team.
McKinsey’s report 'Diversity Wins: How inclusion matters 2020' found that:
- Companies in the top quartile for gender diversity on their executive teams were 25 percent more likely to experience above-average profitability than companies in the fourth quartile.
- Companies with the most ethnically and culturally diverse executive teams are 36 percent more likely to outperform their peers on profitability.
Leadership development approach
Sara applies a disruptive, optimistic, progressive and entrepreneurial approach to designing bespoke leadership development programmes.
Diagnostic: Leadership competencies
Leadership development programmes assess leadership strength and identify areas for development and focus across the four main areas of leadership competency; thinking, influencing, achieving and self-managing.
Sara and her team are accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as an accredited Test User and use assessment tools and techniques to assess and measure the full range of leadership competencies against desired leadership behaviours including:
- Communication & interpersonal styles
- Problem solving and implementation skills
- Adaptor / Innovator preferences
- Saville Assessment occupational ability and personality testing
- Strengthscope Individual, Team and Leader strengths profiles
- MTQ48 Mental Toughness
- A range of Leadership Styles and Interest inventories
Diagnostics are used to assess leadership team profile against the benchmark leadership competencies for the client organisation.
Sara uses the 70:20:10 criteria when designing leadership programmes:
- 70% from job related experiences: performance in the role, assignments and team tasks
- 20% from working with others: leadership insights, observation, feedback and coaching
- 10% from formal learning: masterclasses, workshops and professional development
Sara designs bespoke leadership development programmes comprising a range of delivery interventions:
- Leading Self
- Leading as a Team
- Leading Teams
- Executive and Leadership Team coaching
- Leading through Coaching
- Coaching skills for leaders
- Action learning events
- Team building events
- Online leadership toolkits
All learning development programmes are evaluated by individual and programme outcomes, based on client requirements:
- Reaction – satisfaction with the programme and learning experience
- Knowledge – new knowledge and skills acquired
- Behaviour – assessment of observed improvements in leadership skills
- Results – updated action plans and rating of results achieved
In this section
Sara chooses to work with talented, ambitious leaders who want to increase their impact and make a serious difference in their personal and organisational effectiveness. I definitely recommend Sara as both an effective developer of leaders and an experienced, highly qualified, versatile coach.
Sally McGuire, Global Talent Manager, NSG Group